About RALG, a Silane Derivative
silane (si' layn) n.
Any of a group of silicon hydrides having the general formula SiH4, that are analogous to the paraffin hydrocarbons.
Describes a substance which is not organic, did not come from the materials or processes of living organisms, and/or is not a hydrocarbon or a hydrocarbon derivative compound.
Of, relating to, or derived from living organisms: organic matter.
General Information - Silane
Silanes containing fluoroalkyl groups are oleophobic (oil repellent). Alkoxysilyl groups attached to these silanes allow them to actually penetrate, cure in and even bond to many inorganic substrates. These unique properties allow for versatile and durable formulating solutions that protect against harmful water- and oil-borne elements.
Benefits of protection include:
- Excellent water repellency
- Long-term durability
- UV stability
- Depth of penetration
- Water vapor permeability
- High dilution capability and stability
- Clear, uniform, neutral appearance
General Information regarding Silane
- Reduced efflorescence (white powdery look)
- Reduced freeze-thaw damage
- Chloride ion resistance to deter corrosion of reinforcing steel in concrete
- Preservation of aesthetics shared by hydrophobing agents (repels water).
Silanes are widely used to improve the adhesion of a broad range of sealants and adhesives to inorganic substrates, such as metals, glass and stone. Sealants are based on filled, curable elastomers and have the dual purpose of preventing passage of water, air and chemicals through the zone where applied. Their usefulness in the aircraft, automotive and construction industries depends upon their ability to form durable bonds to metal, glass, ceramic and other surfaces - bonds that will withstand exposure to heat, ultraviolet radiation, humidity and water.
Silanes can impart several benefits including:
- Abrasion resistance
- Better flow
- Cross linking to improve thermal stability and durability
- Pigment and filler dispersion
- UV resistance
- Water and chemical resistance
Professional Marine Polish (Specific Information)
ELIMINATE WAXING FOREVER, "WE OUTGLOW THE COMPETITION"
Nano technology is an emerging process that provides revolutionary benefits by working with particles as small as one-billionth of a meter, or 1/75,000th the size of a human hair. Nanotechnology provides advantages over other technologies by utilizing differences in physical, chemical, and biological properties of objects at the level of the nanoscale. Nano particles provide more dense coverage and adhere better than conventional particles, providing better protection, surface penetration, and longer lasting results. Smaller particles create a smoother surface that reflects light more evenly-giving it a more even, deeper, glossy shine.
Professional Marine Polish is the world's finest and most effective fiberglass sealant and protectant. Only Professional Marine Polish contains RALG®, (a silane derivative), exclusively formulated to prepare, polish, seal and protect your fiberglass in one non-renewable application. All other sealants, polishes, and waxes offer only some of Professional Marine Polish’s total surface protection benefits and require at least one or more renewal coatings within three to six months to validate a limited guarantee.
Professional Marine Polish with RALG®, is a unique polish that acts like liquid glass, penetrating surfaces on the molecular level and sealing your boat’s surfaces leaving an ultra high-gloss finish. Blending into the surface rather than just remaining on the surface.
- PROVIDE increased surface contact area and better protection
- PROVIDE even coverage and durability, filling in pores and scratches leaving a level, rock hard, glass like finish
- SMALLER particles create a smoother surface that reflects light more evenly—giving it a more even, deeper, glossy shine
- One nano particle compared to a soccer ball is the same as a soccer ball compared to the planet Earth.
Professional Marine Polish fills in tiny valleys of pinpoint paint pores, hairline cracks, and crevices smoothing out spots where grime clings and corrosion begins, while leaving a glassy silky smooth, but rock hard finish.
- STANDS UP TO WASH AND WEAR
- Professional Marine Polish is impervious to harsh detergents. It will not break down or wear off under constant cleaning with chemicals or the abrasive friction generated by grit, dirt and sand.
- FORMS A ROCK HARD SHIELD
- Professional Marine Polish uses RALG® to bond to individual gel coat globules. As the hardeners dry, they cure and form an integrated, super hard protective coating.
- PROTECTS AGAINST ULTRA VIOLET RAYS
- Professional Marine Polish cures to a clear glass-like hard finish that allows in light but filters out harmful Ultra Violet sun rays. Ultra Violet rays are the main cause of fading and oxidation and the primary factor in the breakdown of polishes and waxes.
- BLOCKS OUT CORROSION
- Professional Marine Polish blocks out ruinous agents of corrosion, oxidation, and weather. Professional Marine Polish's impenetrable seal protects your boat against such hazards as: salts, salt spray, atmospheric pollutants, common airborn chemicals, and cleaning alkalines.
- POLISH MAGNIFIES PAINT LUSTER
- Professional Marine Polish brings out your boat's natural gel coat gloss. Acting as a magnifier, Professional Marine Polish produces a glow from deep within the gel coat similar to multiple coatings of clear varnish and reflects it to the surface like no other paint sealant or polish.
- WON'T CRACK, FADE, PEEL OR FALL OFF
- Professional Marine Polish becomes part of your boat's gel coat. As part of the gelcoat it will not come off or discolor, is unaffected by changes in temperature extremes and won't wear down under minor abrasion.
- REPELS FOREIGN MATTER
- Professional Marine Polish acts as a repellent to foreign material. Keeping your boat clean is easier because Professional Marine Polish eliminates the stubborn stickiness of tars, grease, bugs, salt spray, bird droppings, food stains, glue, ink marks and most spray paints.
- NO RESINS, PLASTICS, OR WAXES
- Professional Marine Polish contains no performance ingredient that will in any way affect standard fiberglass gel coats. All polymer, resin or plastic based sealants, polishes or waxes contain ingredients that cause them to break down and require frequent renewal applications.
- NO RENEWALS
- Professional Marine Polish is indefinitely stable and semi-permanent for up to three years. A single application requires no renewals, no servicing, no touch ups, and no conditioning. Only Professional Marine Polish offers an unlimited three-year warranty.
- GUARANTEED PROTECTION UP TO 3 YEARS
- Professional Marine Polish is guaranteed, in writing, to protect your boat's finish for a full three years. For details, refer to warranty on the label.